When taking Ivabradine, dizziness or tiredness may occur. Mild side effects may go away within a few days or a couple of weeks. If they’re more severe or don’t go away, consult with your doctor.
SIDE EFFECTS that COULD BE SERIOUS include, but is not limited to:
1. fast, irregular, or pounding heartbeat
2. slow or stopped heartbeat
3. chest pain or pressure
4. worsening shortness of breath
6. excessive tiredness
7. lack of energy
8. swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, and eyes
9. difficulty swallowing or breathing
If you experience any of these symptoms call your doctor immediately or get emergency medical treatment.
1. Avoid eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice while using this medication unless your doctor or pharmacist says you may do so safely. Grapefruit can increase the chance of side effects with this medicine.
2. This drug may make you dizzy or cause vision changes. Alcohol or marijuana (cannabis) can make you more dizzy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs alertness or clear vision until you can do it safely. Be especially careful when driving at night because sudden changes in light brightness can happen, which may set off vision changes
3. This medication is not recommended for use during pregnancy. It may harm an unborn baby.
4. The following medications could affect the removal rate of ivabradine from your body:
a. azole antifungals (such as itraconazole, ketoconazole)
b. macrolide antibiotics (such as clarithromycin, telithromycin)
d. HIV protease inhibitors (such as nelfinavir, ritonavir)
f. rifamycins (such as rifabutin, rifampin)
g. St. John’s wort
i. drugs used to treat seizures (such as carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin)
Topic: OMEPRAZOLE — Description
Omeprazole is used to reduce the amount of acid in your stomach. It’s used to treat gastric or duodenal ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), erosive esophagitis, and hypersecretory conditions. It is also used to treat Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, a condition where the stomach produces too much acid. It is also used to treat dyspepsia, a condition that causes sour stomach, belching, heart burn, or indigestion.
In addition, omeprazole is used to prevent upper gastrointestinal tract bleeding in seriously ill patient, and sometiems, is used in combination with antibiotics (eg, amoxicillin, clarithromycin) to treat ulcers associated with the infection caused by the H. pylori bacteria.