The medication Nitroglycerin may cause side effects including, but not limited to:
COMMON SIDE EFFECTS
2. Low blood pressure
3. Fast heartbeat
4. Dry mouth
10. Blurred vision
11. Feeling of lightheadedness
Mild side effects may go away within a few days or a couple of weeks. If they’re more severe or don’t go away, consult with your doctor.
SERIOUS SIDE EFFECTS
1. Fainting or passing out
3. Strange sensations in the fingers and toes
4. Decreased sweating and increase in body temperature
5. Increased bleeding time or slower clotting
6. Low platelet count
7. Excessive scaliness or shedding of the skin
1. Those allergic to this medication or any of its inactive ingredients should not attempt to tek this medication.
2. People who have very serious kidney problems should not take nitroglycerin.
3. This drug should not be taken if a person has:
a. Just had a heart attack
b. Severe anemia
c. Narrow angle glaucoma or increased pressure within the eye
d. Used any drugs for erectile dysfunction belonging to a class called phosphodiesterase inhibitors (PDEs), like Viagra (sildenafil), Cialis (tadalafil), within the last 24 hours
e. Any sort of head trauma where you might have swelling or bleeding in the head
f. Overactive thyroid condition
g. Low systolic blood pressure (SBP)
h. A drop in blood pressure while standing
3. Tolerance to this medication for those taking this for long periods of time is possible. This is known as nitroglycerin tolerance and would appear that the drug have stopped working or become less effective.
4. Those who are pregnant or breastfeeding must discuss the risk and benefits with their doctor.