Ranitidine may cause drowsiness. Other side effects include, but is not limited to:
COMMON SIDE EFFECTS
4. nausea and vomiting
5. stomach discomfort or pain
Mild side effects may go away within a few days or a couple of weeks. If they’re more severe or don’t go away, consult with your doctor.
SERIOUS SIDE EFFECTS
*Inflammation of the liver characterized by:
1.yellowing of your skin or the whites of your eyes
3. dark urine
4. stomach pain
*Changes in your brain function characterized by:
4. hallucinations (seeing or hearing something that isn’t there)
5. blurry vision
*Abnormal heart rate characterized by:
1. fast heart rate
3. shortness of breath
1. The following drugs should not be used with ranitidine:
d. Midazolam and triazolam
2. Stoping this medication suddenly, or if you don’t take it at all, may cause stomach pain due to the high amounts of acid in your stomach, which could then make your condition worse.
3. This drug may be taken with or without food and may also be cut or crushed before intake.
4. If you have a kidney condition, your doctor may do blood tests to check how well your kidneys are working.
5. Warning is given for people with health conditions such as:
a. kidney problems
b. liver problems
c. acute porphyria
d. gastric cancer
6. This drug should only be used in pregnancy if really needed.
7. Ranitidine may pass into breast milk and cause side effects in a child who is breastfed.
8. Ranitidine has not been confirmed as safe and effective in children younger than 1 month for any condition.
Topic: ESOMEPRAZOLE — Description
Esomeprazole is used to treat certain stomach and esophagus problems (such as acid reflux, ulcers). It works by decreasing the amount of acid produced by your stomach. It relieves symptoms such as heartburn, difficulty swallowing, and persistent cough.
This medication helps heal acid damage to the stomach and esophagus, helps prevent ulcers, and may help prevent cancer of the esophagus. It belongs to a class of drugs known as proton pump inhibitors (PPIs).