May 12, 2020 at 2:49 am #462
Along with its needed effects, a medicine may cause some unwanted effects. Side effects for Galantamine includes, but is not limited to:
COMMON SIDE EFFECTS
6. decreased appetite
7. weight loss
Mild side effects may go away within a few days or a couple of weeks. If they’re more severe or don’t go away, consult with your doctor.
SERIOUS SIDE EFFECTS
*Serious skin reactions characterized skin rash
*atrioventricular (AV) block, which is a problem with electrical signals sent within the heart, as characterized by:
1. slow heart rate
*slow heart rate and fainting
*stomach ulcers and bleeding characterized by:
2. stomach pain that doesn’t go away
3. nausea or vomiting
4. blood in your vomit or dark vomit that looks like coffee grounds
5. bowel movements that look like black tar
*worsening of lung problems in people with asthma or other lung diseases
1. Medications that could interact with this drug are:
2. Warning is given to people with the following health conditions:
a. heart problems
b. stomach ulcers or bleeding
c. lung problems
d. bladder problems
e. seizures or epilepsy
f. liver problems
g. kidney problems
3. Galantamine should be used during pregnancy only if the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the fetus.
4. This medication can cause a severe allergic reaction and must not be taken again if you’ve ever had an allergic reaction to this before.May 21, 2020 at 2:14 am #552
Can galantamine be stopped anytime? My dad doesn’t like the headache that comes with it. It makes him grumpy.May 21, 2020 at 4:46 am #553
Hi, Brad.. Unfortunately, it is not advisable to just stop galantamine unless told by his doctor to do so because if the medication will be stopped without a doctor’s advice, the benefits gained from the treatment will gradually fade away and symptoms of the disease may return.
If the side-effect of this medication persists and is greatly affecting your dad, it would be best to consult with his doctor so he could make any necessary adjustment in the medications..June 22, 2020 at 1:10 pm #665
Will there be any withdrawal symptoms when we do decide to stop galantamine?June 22, 2020 at 1:18 pm #666
If you do decide to stop this medication, the most common side effects associated with the discontinuation would be dizziness, headache, nausea, vomiting, decreased appetite, diarrhea, weight loss, and abdominal pain. Do talk with the doctor before stopping it so that a proper course of action may be planned.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.