- This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 months, 3 weeks ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Side effects of this medication include, but is not limited to:
COMMON SIDE EFFECTS
3. sore throat
4. dry mouth
Mild side effects may go away within a few days or a couple of weeks. If they’re more severe or don’t go away, consult with your doctor.
SERIOUS SIDE EFFECTS
4. swelling of the arms, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs
1. Drinking alcohol can increase certain side effects of levocetirizine.
2. It is very important not to give a child more than the prescribed dose of this medication. A child’s body absorbs twice as much of the same dose size of levocetirizine as an adult’s body.
3. Medications that interact with Levocetirizine include:
a. Cold or allergy medicine
c. narcotic pain medicine
d. sleeping pills
e. muscle relaxers
f. medicine for seizures, depression or anxiety
g. ritonavir (Norvir, Kaletra)
h. theophylline (Aquaphyllin, Asmalix, Elixophyllin, Theolair, Theosol)
If I take levocetirizine, will it make me sleepy?
Among antihistamines, Levocetirizine is known to be non-drowsy. However, there could still be instances that it can still cause sleepiness in a a number of people. So before driving or using tools and machines, it would be best that you make sure that your reactions are normal and not sluggish.
I have recently been prescribed with azithromycin. Can I still take levocetirizine while taking the azithromycin?
Yes, you can take both medications on the same day. It would be best to take azithromycin in morning after your meal and your levocetirizine at bedtime if ever it causes you to be sleepy. Otherwise, you can take it at any time of the day. There is no significant interactions between these two medications.
Forum is bbPress first theme.This premium WordPress theme dedicated to the bbPress forum plugin.
bbPress is focused on ease of integration,ease of use, web standards, and speed.
We’re keeping things as small and light as possible while still allowing for great add-on features through WordPress’s extensive plugin system. What does all that mean? bbPress is lean, mean, and ready to take on any job you throw at it.