May 12, 2020 at 4:07 am #476
Lisinopril oral tablet does not cause drowsiness. However, it may cause low blood pressure which can make you feel faint or dizzy. Other side effects include, but is not limited to:
COMMON SIDE EFFECTS
3. persistent cough
4. low blood pressure
5. chest pain
Mild side effects may go away within a few days or a couple of weeks. If they’re more severe or don’t go away, consult with your doctor.
SERIOUS SIDE EFFECTS
1. allergic reaction characterized by:
a. swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat
b. trouble breathing
c. trouble swallowing
d. stomach (abdomen) pain with or without nausea or vomiting
2. kidney problems characterized by:
b. swelling, especially of your hands, feet, or ankles
c. shortness of breath
d. weight gain
3. liver failure characterized by:
a. yellowing of your skin and the whites of your eyes
b. elevated liver enzymes
c. stomach pain
d. nausea and vomiting
4. high potassium levels
1. This medication could cause very high potassium levels which could lead to arrhythmia (heart rate or rhythm problems). Your risk may be higher if you have kidney disease or diabetes, or if you’re taking other drugs that increase potassium levels.
2. This drug may react to other medications such as:
a. Blood pressure drugs (including candesartan, eprosartan, irbesartan, losartan, olmesartan, telmisartan, valsartan, azilsartan, benazepril, captopril, enalapril, fosinopril, moexipril, perindopril, quinapril, ramipril, trandolapril, aliskiren
b. Diabetes drugs
c. Diuretics (including hydrochlorothiazide, chlorthalidone, furosemide, bumetanide
d. Mood stabilizer drugs
e. nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
f. Drugs preventing organ transplant rejection (temsirolimus, sirolimus, everolimus)
g. injectable gold
h. Neprilysin inhibitors (sacubitril)
3. This drug may cause severe allergic reaction and must not be taken again if ever you’ve had an allergic reaction to it.
4. This drug can have a negative impact on the development of a fetus. It should only be used during pregnancy in serious cases where it’s needed to treat a dangerous condition in the mother.June 22, 2020 at 2:02 pm #671
I was prescribed with lisinopril once a day. What time of day should I take it?June 22, 2020 at 2:08 pm #672
If you are still to start the medication, it would be best to take your first dose in the evening before bedtime. This is because when you first start this medication, your blood pressure could significantly decrease which would cause dizziness. Taking this at night would be safer since you could go through the dizziness while safely lying on bed. After your first dose, you may already take it at any time of the day. Then continue taking it at the same time everyday thereafter.June 22, 2020 at 2:11 pm #673
Would it be okay to drink alcohol while taking Lisinopril?June 22, 2020 at 2:19 pm #674
Drinks with alcohol content may enhance the blood pressure-lowering effects of this medication which would increase the side-effects of lisinopril such as dizziness and cause you to faint. It would therefore be best to avoid alcohol while on this medication.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.