NALTREXONE — Description

Home Forums Alcohol and Drug Treatment Naltrexone NALTREXONE — Description

• This topic has 19 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by MJ.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    MJ

Hi cole.. You shouldn’t start this medication just whenever you please since there are important conditions that you need to consider before starting this if you wouldn’t want to experience unpleasant effects.
    As you plan to begin treatment with naltrexone, it is essential that you make sure that you have not consumed alcohol at least 14 days prior to your first dose. Do remember this. =)

kylereed
    Participant

MJ is right. My friend almost took it after just a week from having sipped an alcoholic drink. She got reprimanded by her doctor and was told that even a small sip of alcohol will have a reaction with the medication. She was told to wait at least 2 weeks since her last alcohol intake.

mckenziecollins1039
    Participant

wishing you luck on your recovery cole!

Theodore14
    Participant

I was told to take this once a day. Should I take it in the morning? or at bedtime?

MJ

If your doctor gave you a specific time to take it, then follow his instruction. Otherwise, you can take it in the morning after breakfast. Though manufacturers does not specify the time of day it should be taken, most patient would still prefer the after breakfast schedule since taking it with food may help decrease the side effect of stomachache or nausea that can sometimes be experienced by a number of patients.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.