OLOPATADINE EYE DROPS — Side Effects and Special Considerations

Home Forums Anti-Allergy Olopatadine Eye Drops OLOPATADINE EYE DROPS — Side Effects and Special Considerations

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MJ 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

MJ

In spite of the needed effects, a medication may cause unwanted effects. This include, but is not limited to:

COMMON SIDE EFFECTS
    1. headache
    2. blurred vision
    3. eye burning or stinging
    4. dry eyes
    5. sore throat
    6. taste changes

Mild side effects may go away within a few days or a couple of weeks. If they’re more severe or don’t go away, consult with your doctor.

SERIOUS SIDE EFFECT would be an allergic reaction to this medication characterized by:
    1. rash
    2. itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat)
    3. dizziness
    4. trouble breathing.
    This requires immediate medical attention.

SPECIAL CONSIDERATONS
    1. This medication may contain inactive ingredients and preservatives that can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Inform your doctor for any allergy you have.

2. Your vision may be temporarily blurred or unstable after applying this drug. Do not drive, use machinery, or do any activity that requires clear vision until you are sure you can perform such activities safely.

3. This medication interacts with the following drugs, Amifampridine, Bupropion, Donepezil, and Pitolisant, thus, are not usually recommended to be used together. If these medications are needed, the doctor would need to change the dose or how often you use one or both of the medicines.

luisedwards112
    Participant

I wear contact lenses. Is it okay to drop the medication in my eye with my contact lens on?

MJ

Unfortunately, no. You cannot use this medication if you are wearing your contact lens. Contact lenses must be removed before applying this medication. After applying the medication, wait for at least 10 minutes, then you may put them back in.

luisedwards112
    Participant

I think my contact lens could have caused the itchiness and irritation. Will this medication be able to help?

MJ

Uh-oh. If your contact lens is the culprit, then you need to consult with your doctor so he could advise what other medication will benefit you. Olopatadine eye drops is not to be used for eye irritations caused by contact lens use.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.