- This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 3 months ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Pantoprazole’s side effects include, but is not limited to the following:
COMMON SIDE EFFECTS
3. stomach pain
4. nausea or vomiting
7. joint pain
SERIOUS SIDE EFFECTS
* Low magnesium levels characterized by:
2. abnormal or fast heart rate
5. muscle weakness
7. spasms of your hands and feet
8. cramps or muscle aches
9. spasm of your voice box
* Vitamin B-12 deficiency characterized by:
2. neuritis (inflammation of a nerve)
3. numbness or tingling in your hands and feet
4. poor muscular coordination
5. changes in menstruation
*Severe diarrhea characterized by:
1. watery stool
2. stomach pain
3. fever that doesn’t go away
* Bone fractures
*Kidney damage characterized by:
1. flank pain (pain in your side and back)
2. changes in urination
1. Pantorazole may interact with other medications such as:
a. HIV drugs (atazanavir, nelfinavir)
f. iron salts
h. mycophenolate mofetil
2. Warnings are given to people with health conditions such as:
b. low blood magnesium
c. people being tested for neuroendocrine tumors
3. Pregnant women must exercise caution. Speak with your doctor before taking this medication.
4. Pantoprazole may pass through breast milk and could be passed to a breastfeeding baby. Inform your doctor if you breastfeed your child.
Is it fine to drink alcoholic beverages when on pantoprazole?
Alcohol does not interact with the mechanism of action of pantoprazole. However, when you have alcohol intake, it makes your stomach produce more acid than usual. This could then irritate your stomach lining and make your symptoms worse.
I have been taking pantoprazole I have been experiencing sore throat/hoarseness for a while. Is this normal?
Hi Theodore, sore throat is a serious side effect of pantoprazole. Please see your doctor as soon as possible.
How soon could I eat my meal after taking pantoprazole?
You could have your meals 30 minutes after you took your pantoprazole. By this time, pantoprazole has already started taking effect.
Forum is bbPress first theme.This premium WordPress theme dedicated to the bbPress forum plugin.
bbPress is focused on ease of integration,ease of use, web standards, and speed.
We’re keeping things as small and light as possible while still allowing for great add-on features through WordPress’s extensive plugin system. What does all that mean? bbPress is lean, mean, and ready to take on any job you throw at it.