May 11, 2020 at 10:58 pm #418
Rabeprazole doesn’t cause drowsiness, but it can cause other side effects. This include, but is not limited to:
COMMON SIDE EFFECTS
2. pain in the abdomen (stomach area)
3. sore throat
Mild side effects would usually go away within a few days or a couple of weeks. If they’re more severe or don’t go away, consult your doctor.
SERIOUS SIDE EFFECTS
*Low magnesium levels characterized by:
3. irregular or fast heartbeat
5. tremors (jerking movements or shaking)
6. muscle weakness
7. spasms of the hands and feet
8. cramps or muscle aches
9. spasm of the voice box, with symptoms such as trouble breathing, coughing, wheezing, hoarse voice, or throat tightness
*Severe diarrhea characterized by:
1. watery stool
2. stomach pain
1. This drug increases your risk for severe diarrhea.
2. Taking several daily doses for more than a year will increase risk of fractures of the hip, wrist, or spine.
3. Low magnesium levels caused by this drug usually happens after 1 year of treatment, but could also occur after taking it for 3 months or longer.
4. This should not be used with HIV drugs such as atazanavir, nelfinavir, or rilpivirine. Using these drugs with rabeprazole can cause very low levels of these drugs in your body, and won’t work as well.
June 18, 2020 at 10:55 am #644
This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by
Why does 2 bottle of beers seem to make gerd medications, such as rabeprazole and omeprazole, ineffective?June 18, 2020 at 10:59 am #645
Alcohol and caffeinated beverages will make these symptoms much worse as it causes your stomach to produce more acid, even when taken in moderation. It would be best to totally avoid alcohol if you want to prevent your symptoms from returning.January 12, 2021 at 4:46 am #1038
My first dose this morning wasn’t able to relieve my symptom. Can I take another dose?January 12, 2021 at 4:51 am #1039
This medication is usually prescribed as a once a day dose. Though doctors may prescribe two doses in a day if it is to treat H. Pylori infection or Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. But unless your doctor specifically advised you to a twice a day dosage, you should stick to your once a day dose and simply give the medication time to heal your stomach. This medication usually starts to work within 2-3 days.
- This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.