May 12, 2020 at 12:57 am #438
Ranitidine may cause drowsiness. Other side effects include, but is not limited to:
COMMON SIDE EFFECTS
4. nausea and vomiting
5. stomach discomfort or pain
Mild side effects may go away within a few days or a couple of weeks. If they’re more severe or don’t go away, consult with your doctor.
SERIOUS SIDE EFFECTS
*Inflammation of the liver characterized by:
1.yellowing of your skin or the whites of your eyes
3. dark urine
4. stomach pain
*Changes in your brain function characterized by:
4. hallucinations (seeing or hearing something that isn’t there)
5. blurry vision
*Abnormal heart rate characterized by:
1. fast heart rate
3. shortness of breath
1. The following drugs should not be used with ranitidine:
d. Midazolam and triazolam
2. Stoping this medication suddenly, or if you don’t take it at all, may cause stomach pain due to the high amounts of acid in your stomach, which could then make your condition worse.
3. This drug may be taken with or without food and may also be cut or crushed before intake.
4. If you have a kidney condition, your doctor may do blood tests to check how well your kidneys are working.
5. Warning is given for people with health conditions such as:
a. kidney problems
b. liver problems
c. acute porphyria
d. gastric cancer
6. This drug should only be used in pregnancy if really needed.
7. Ranitidine may pass into breast milk and cause side effects in a child who is breastfed.
8. Ranitidine has not been confirmed as safe and effective in children younger than 1 month for any condition.May 20, 2020 at 1:37 pm #544
Can I consume alcohol when taking ranitidine?May 20, 2020 at 1:42 pm #545
Hello. Generally, you should be fine with this. There are currently no interactions between ranitidine and alcohol. However, if you start experiencing indigestion or acid reflux, you might need to rethink the alcohol.June 18, 2020 at 11:19 am #651
Can I take ranitidine and ibuprofen together?June 18, 2020 at 11:25 am #652
It depends. There is no drug interaction between ibuprofen and ranitidine. Ibuprofen is used to treat pain and inflammation. However, its side effect is that it could cause gastric irritation. Ranitidine can to be taken with Ibuprofen to prevent or reduce this side effect. But if you are already taking ranitidine for an existing gastric condition, you should not take ibuprofen as this will only make it worse.
You should not take Ibuprofen if you already take ranitidine for an existing gastric problem. Ibuprofen could make it worse. Paracetamol is a better alternative if your intention is to relieve pain.June 18, 2020 at 11:27 am #653
Can you ranitidine be taken together with metamucil capsules?June 18, 2020 at 11:31 am #654
There are no recorded interaction between ranitidine and metamucil. However, it is generally recommended to take fiber supplements at a different time than other medication because of the possibility of absorption problems from the fiber. Take your metamucil at leat two hours before or after taking other medications.June 18, 2020 at 11:34 am #655
What would be the best time of day to take Ranitidine 300mg? I’m not sure if I should take this in the morning or at night.June 18, 2020 at 11:38 am #656
Hello, mckenzie. It doesn’t really matter what time of day you take the ranitidine. You may take it any time of the day as long as you take it the same time every day.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.