TAPENTADOL — Special Considerations

Home Forums Pain Reliever and Anti-Inflammatory Tapentadol TAPENTADOL — Special Considerations

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    MJ

Tapentadol is effective for moderate to severe pain but like other drugs, it could also cause side effects. Though not everyone experiences the side effects, it is still good to be aware of some common side effects that could occur. Common side effects include, but not limited to:

headache
    anxiety
    excessive tiredness
    heartburn
    stomach pain
    dry mouth
    irritability

The above side effects are usually mild and just go away after some time. If it persists or is severe, contact your doctor.

Serious side effects that need immediate emergency medical management include:
    seizures
    hallucinations
    confusion
    fast heartbeat
    severe muscle twitching
    rash
    itching
    hives
    swelling of any part of the face
    difficulty breathing or swallowing
    chest pain

More information about this drug can also be found at https://activemedications.com/tapentadol/

Claudia
    Participant

I just got discharged from the hospital. I had a car accident and my leg is badly hurt. I got Tapentadol when my legs starts to be in pain again. Apparently, it puts me to sleep and I wake up with a headache. It feels like I’m just moving the pain in my leg to my head. The headache is much more bearable though.

Jeanette
    Participant

Me too. Aside from the headache, I feel weak and tired when I drink them.

Diane
    Participant

It had a weird effect on me. I had an instance where I was literally talking to the wall at work. It turns out, I was calling and playing with my imaginary dog in the wall. My workmates were weirded out at first. Now I’m the gist of their jokes down the memory lane.

hansenberry
    Participant

When I started drinking this medicine, it just knocked me down and put me in a deep sleep. I have no memories of what happened and I needed to be shaken off really hard to wake me up.

brad
    Participant

I’ve become quite addicted with tramadol, I was told that I could take tapentadol to gradually work my way out of withdrawal. I’m not sure if it’s working but statistically, my doses are less.

Theodore14
    Participant

It often makes me gassy and get some occasional stomach pains when the effects wear off. I thought it was just how I am, it turns out that it’s the meds.

Desmond
    Participant

I could definitely relate to your hallucination experience Claudia. I had one last night. I thought I was talking to my wife at the kitchen. It turns out she ain’t home yet.

richardrodriguez
    Participant

Perhaps, it’s a different girl that you brought home that you’re talking to? haha.

Diane
    Participant

Or maybe a doppelganger. LOL.

Theodore14
    Participant

I got some back pain and I can’t run around for long. Me and my buddies have a basketball game scheduled so I took some taps for the pain. Took them after lunch and I ended up falling asleep and missing out on the basketball session in the afternoon completely.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.